I need drivers for Gateway Essential 900c onboard devices

Every time I start my 900c, it finds an unknown device, a multimedia pci device and a pci card. I can't find drivers for these devices.

I think the problem might be that when I installed a new hard drive, I loaded Windows 98SE on the computer. It was shipped with Windows 2000.

Does anybody know where I can get the drivers I need to make these devices work?

-- Jim

Reply to
Jim

Good news! I stumbled across a link to a Gateway.com page with drivers for this computer's motherboard. Since the audio, video and modem cards are all onboard, they are included, too. It also has an updated bios driver.

Here's the link:

Unfortunately, none of the Gateway techs I've corresponded with in my quest for these drivers ever pointed me to that page.

Now my audio and modem work, I have an updated bios driver and my video is updated.

By the way, I found the link when I did a google search for the Brookings motherboard in this computer. A guy selling one of those included a link to the drivers. Thanks!

-- Jim

Jim wrote:

Reply to
Jim