HP DesignJet 2500CP error code 010021 A6502240

My PHB bought a DesignJet 2500CP on ebay a couple of years ago, and an hour of searching HP's website and calling 800 numbers resulted in pretty much nothing.

What's happening is, when we go to power up the plotter, it reports "Initializing", does some mechanical stuff (but not as much as it normally does) then says, "System Error:

010021 A6502230".

I have no idea how to troubleshoot it - all I have is a VOM; and I have no idea how to find someone who can actually work on the thing.

I'm in Whittier, CA, in case anyone knows somebody in this area who could work with this thing?

THanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Rich Grise wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@example.net:

The user manual is available from the HP site as a PDF.

It says that an initialization error code of 65xxxx means printhead failure, either ink tank is empty or an electrical problem in the head. Solution is to replace the ink system. See p. 12-12.

Sounds like this machine has pretty good diagnostics built into it, and if you figure out how to order replacement parts, you can probably fix it yourself. Without even getting out your VOM!

Reply to
Jim Land

I've had very good luck getting manuals off the web for my Hp printers....

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 17:53:05 +0000, Jim Land Has Frothed:

The PDF says error codes with 010021 higher than AXXXXXXX is a problem with the RAM SIMM. I would reseat the SIMM(s) and see if that fixes it. If not try a replacement.

Page 4.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

Rich This is a RAM SIMM error. If you have more than one RAM SIMM installed then remove them one at a time to see which one has failed. If you only have one RAM SIMM installed then I guess you either need to borow or buy a replacement. Tony

Reply to
Tony

Great link! I was about to ask about service manual for the 3000cp, it is on their site.

Thanks, Steve Greenfield

Reply to
polymorph

Great link! I was about to ask about service manual for the 3000cp, it is on their site.

Your link to the 2000cp/2500cp Service manual downloaded quickly, but it keeps timing out when I try to download the 3000cp manuals. Is it just me?

Thanks, Steve Greenfield

Reply to
polymorph

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:07:31 -0700, polymorph Has Frothed:

Didn't try it, sorry.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

Ah, finally! Maybe they have a download cap. I was patient and each day I'd try again. It would either time out or I'd get one file downloaded then further downloads would time out.

Beats paying that guy on eBay who's "selling" the same free downloads.

Steve Greenfield

Reply to
polymorph

Try 'Down Them All' (FireFox add in).

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 11:08:26 -0700, polymorph Has Frothed:

I would think the site would notify you somehow with a pop-up or similar if they capped the download.

Did you finally get it?

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow