how to open remote controller SONY RM-PP411

I'd like to clean the contacts, and not sure how to open it. I found online some sites that sell this model for around $50, which I am not going to pay. Either I clean the one I have, or send the wife to change channels. she needs to move (just kidding, she is pregnant, I will not be mean to her :)

I think you have to pry it opn in the right way, i tried with some toothpicks but it didn't work. I imagine it is similar to opening in iPod, which I did by the way. thanks

Reply to
chibitul

Not sure about this model, but the few remotes I've opened ( a couple of them Sony), you just get a slim screwdriver and work your way around the seam, unitl it pops open.

Rich

Reply to
RichK

I've opened a lot of these. The trick is to figure out which side is the hook and which side is the loop. Sometimes they reverse as you go around the unit. The best tool I've found is an old plastic prop for a model airplane. Work it into the seam and under the female part to pop it lose. I suspect a guitar pick would also make a great tool. BTW the usual problem with these units is a broken solder joint where the battery wire attaches to the main board. Richard

Reply to
spudnuty

The battery connection is fine. One button is hard to "push", I suspect it needs some cleaning. everything else is fine. but that button is kind of a "shift", i.e. it activates a lot of other functions, so half of the remote is useles without it :)

I'll give it a try using your suggestions, thanks

Reply to
chibitul