How do we put icons in two places on ipad home screens?

My ISP *only* installs Ubiquiti equipment.

And *nobody* says Ubiquiti makes shitty equipment!

Liam O'Connor

there used to be software to list wifi networks and the strengths, but they used private apis and were pulled.

those who downloaded the apps could keep using it until ios 5, when the private apis no longer worked at all.

at least one of those apps is on android, wifi analyzer.

one of the ones that no longer exist.

the first clue is it talks about ios 3.

Reply to
nospam

nospam:

Liam O'Connor:

One gets the impression from this thread that much of your speech consists of complaints.

His "experienced judgement" has another name: his personal opinion. I have a largish house that is situated on two acres and my Apple devices have good connectivity all over the property.

That would make sense. They are radios.

Seems as if Apple software and hardware are kicking your behind. I wouldn't put up with it. I would move on and find another brand that worked right for me.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Reply to
Davoud

Oh. I had not realized, until just now, when I read this and then tried to find it in the app store, that wifiwhere didn't exist anymore.

I'm surprised. What was so bad about it?

I recently used wigle wardriving software on Android and all it did was log the positions and wifi SSIDs and MAC addresses and security of access points.

Was WiFi Where pulled because of what it did, or, as you noted, it perhaps used private APIs?

Reply to
Liam O'Connor

the wifi scanners used private apis which are not allowed in apps.

the private apis changed in ios 5, so those apps no longer work.

however, anyone who still has a device running ios 4 or earlier can continue to use the apps if they downloaded them when they were available.

Reply to
nospam

I see. It makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Reply to
Liam O'Connor