HOW DO I KNOW WHAT VOLTAGE A CAPACITOR NEEDS TO DISCHARGE

I have a package of 100 capacitors from Radio Shack. there is no indiction of what capacitors are what? I looked on their web site and i found out that

Quantity @ No. of volts??

60 @ 10 10 @ 1 5 @ 7 2 @ 15 5 @ 68 5 @ 151 7 @ 221 1 @ 561 1 @ 103 4 @ 561 1kV

What i'm trying to do is make an eletric counter count with out me pushing a button or my help what so ever. I only have these items but i will take suggestions :

all items from Radio Shack: item No. 272-801 & 275-232

Reply to
mr.pierre95

Ask on sci.electronics.basics

Or ask the saleman - after all, "You've got questions, we've got answers (or at least dumb looks)"!

--
.
.

Your list does not make very good sense. General application type capacitors are rated for voltage, capacitance, and temperature. These parameters have to comply to the design needs.

--

Jerry G.

Quantity @ No. of volts??

60 @ 10 10 @ 1 5 @ 7 2 @ 15 5 @ 68 5 @ 151 7 @ 221 1 @ 561 1 @ 103 4 @ 561 1kV

What i'm trying to do is make an eletric counter count with out me pushing a button or my help what so ever. I only have these items but i will take suggestions :

all items from Radio Shack: item No. 272-801 & 275-232

Reply to
Jerry G.

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in news:1171828245.926800.284270 @t69g2000cwt.googlegroups.com:

150 pf

220 pf

560 pf

10000 pf

560 pf 1kV

I bought the same assortment not long ago. the caps that are un rated as to voltage are probably 100 v or less

They are all ceramic type capacitors.

To make the counter count, you will need a circuit that produces pulses (or to modify the counter to produce its own 'start counting' pulses.)

Do you have a schematic of the counter? It would help.

Do you have any other test equipment like a scope and/or a logic probe?

Do you want it to count continuously and reset to zero every second? every .1 seconds? every .01 seconds?

You need to decide what it is you are trying to do before you can start to do it.

--
bz    	73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

bz+ser@ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu   remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap