fitting spotlights in bathroom

Hi all, I have just purchsed a set of spotlights for the bathroom, i took the existing ones out and replaced the lights but the old ones had transformers, the new set do not need transformers, so how do i link the wires from the mains, the switch and the bulbs??? please help?

--
ammy
Reply to

I don't' know what country you're in how ever, here, the WHITE wire goes to the white wire in the light, the Black wire goes to one pole of the switch, and the other side of the switch should go to the black wire of the light. green wire if you have one, will connect to the shield or case of the light which should be metal. I would assume that you use the same wires that were feeding the transformer. but then again, i don't know the country you're from. here we use 120 volts in the home (USA).

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie

In the UK. God knows why it's posting in this group from there.

--
.
.

If the new spots are halogen, take them back and get 12v ones. It'll be less work, less cost, and 12v ones are more efficient and long lived.

If theyre CFL or filament, you'll need to find the other end of the cables where the transformer is, and remove the tf and wire the cable to the mains. This is assuming its mains cable - in the unlikely event it isnt you'd need new cable too.

Theres more on halogen spotlights here:

These sort of qs are best asked in news:uk.d-i-y

NT

Reply to
meow2222

apologies if this was posted on the wrong forum, thanks all for your input.

ammy

--
ammy
Reply to

Pick up a book on house wiring, that will help you take care of any specifics in the local electrical code and have a safe and reliable installation. If you're still unsure, call an electrician.

Reply to
James Sweet