How could hundreds of clearings of the OBD codes cause the catalytic I/M readiness monitor to set?

Why does this entire exchange remind me of Jimmy Neutron and its BMW? Fundamental lack of understanding, and a closed mind.

Reply to
Peter W.

I was also wondering how the fuel could be shut off to any cylinder since very few normal passenger car engines inject into the cylinder itself.

Reply to
Frank

Your Sienna is injecting into the intake of each cylinder, so the computer has fairly independent control over cylinders. But there is still a very tiny amount of mixing in the manifold.

Cars that have direct injection (which include a lot of newer BMWs) inject directly into the cylinder rather than the intake. This requires much more rugged injectors and much more expensive ones.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

More accurate fuel distribution between cylinders.

____ Xeno

Reply to
Xeno

On Sun, 23 Apr 2023 23:00:56 +0530, mike posted for all of us to digest...

Sni9pped for your pleasure!

Is that you Arlen?

Reply to
Hiram T Schwantz