Hot melt glue gun failure

What goes wrong with such guns? Probably overheated and then the resistor block inside goes skew and blocks the melt flow path. While molten but switched off , a rod through the nozzle hits something solid , probably ceramic of a wire-wound. When powered, pushing a hot-melt rod in the entry hole, little exudes from the nozzle, requiring greater force than usual, outer housing seems to have expanded a bit as well. When I get a new one , this one will have a PM, but in the meantime , if anyone has been inside one before.

Reply to
N_Cook

blocks

nozzle

Fixing a Jubilee clip, while hot, around the nose seems to have fixed it, presumably the heater block realigned itself, but time for a new one anyway.

Reply to
N_Cook

,

d a

ay.

What is a Jubilee Cap????

Reply to
hrhofmann

Any of the original electrolytics or paper caps. found in an Ultra Coronation Twin radio. Not to be confused with a Jubilee clip, which is a worm-drive hose clip.

Reply to
Martin Crossley

anyway.

What is a Jubilee Cap????

+++++ my translator

if anyone has any additions then please add them to this thread

Reply to
N_Cook

,

le,

ded

if

I prefer the simplest one, without any moving parts, where you just push the glue stick through the barrel.

t,

Here we would say "hose clamp" not "hose clip."

Reply to
spamtrap1888