Home made lamp won't run energy efficient bulb

I made a lamp using an old piece of kit my father in law gave me... basically it is the bulb holding section of the lamp but with a flange so you can jam it in a vase or similar to make a lamp...

It will run a standard bulb but not an energy efficient one. Thought I'd ask a sanity check... I can run downstairs and get clearer details but wondered if it would be immediately obvious to someone why it would be so?

Paul

Reply to
paul.dambra

Worn out pins not making good contact with the energy efficient lamp??

--
Regards - Rodney Pont
 Click to see the full signature

Does the lamp bulb work in any other fixtures?

H. R. Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann