Help with removing a rectifier from it's heatsink base.

I blew out one of the MOSFET rectifiers in my Rockford Fosgate bd

1000.1 amplifier and need to replace it. It's an International Rectifier 6125. I have a new one already, but the problem is that I don't know how to remove the old one from the heatsink board that it is attached to. My best guess would be that it's epoxied on, but I have no idea. Does anyone have any idea how to remove it from the heat sink that it's attached to? Here's a picture of what I'm talking about. Thanks for any help.

hardhit99

Looks like the transistor is soldered to a copper pad being used as a heat sink. Best bet here is to get a resistance soldering unit and heat the mounting tab of the blown transistor until the solder melts. Cut all the transistor's leads before you start heating so that when the solder melts, it will come off the pad easily. Solder the replacement onto the pad with the resistance soldering tool. Solder the transistor's leads to the PCB last to minimize stress on the PCB connections

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in

DaveM