HD TV popping noise problem

Hi:

I was wondering if anyone had this problm and how to solve it. My HD TV (Phillips) occasionally will have a static popping or snapping sound, only when it is on HD channels. I talke to a TV repair guy and he said it was the cable company's problem. The cable company said it was the TV. This is a case of finger pointing, and I just wanted to find out what the real problem was. Any ideas?

Sometimes turning off the TV for several minutes helps, but not always. Also, there is more of a tendancy for this to occur when a lot of channel surfing is done.

Thanks in advance for any help, Bob Zimmerman

Reply to
Bob Z

Sounds like an HV arch. More tha likely when your in the HD mode you go to full screen Aspect. which turns up the hv slightly cause an arch from one of the ANODE cup of one of the CRT to ground. Solving is recoating the anode cups with sicon greese

Reply to
David Naylor