Harmon Kardon Citation 5.0 controller

I went on a home theater call yesterday and found that this unit seemed to be stuck in standby mode. I was just seeing a green standby LED and nothing else. I pulled it out and later confirmed the same thing on the bench. After opening it however, now it never seems to go to standby, in fact except for the main power switch you can't seem to power it down. The blue "Citation" logo on the front panel lights blue as though it is powering on but you can't seem to do anything from there. I tried inputting an audio signal into analog input one, ( the only input that seems to show a display). There is a level display on the bar graph volume indicator but you can't seem to change it with the up down volume buttons and there is no output out of the unit at all. I didn't grab the remote for this thing when I was on the job. I guess you need it to switch functions etc but I wonder if it would have mattered just for a bench test. I would have thought that if you put a signal into this thing somewhere you should be able to see it coming out somewhere. Is anyone familiar with this controller? Thanks, Lenny.

Reply to
klem kedidelhopper