Harman/Kardon Receiver AVR-75 channel out

My HK AVR-75's left front channel has almost no sound, and the sound it does have is all high frequencies; no bass or midrange. The problem occurs with any input, digital or analog, and with the speaker or preamp outputs (so I'm pretty sure it's not in the power output section). Any ideas? Please post here, or email to steve_wechsler (at) yahoo(.)com (not the email I posted from; the spammers have taken it over).

Thanks,

Steve

Reply to
Steve

blown woofer?

or if its a multiple channel unit maybe you have a Class D amp for the base and mid sections that is out

Reply to
Jamie

If your symptom of poor quality output to the pre-amp out is correct then you appear to have a fault within the tone/processing stages. Is there a 'Pure direct' or similar that bypasses these stages? Assuming the sound is very low you may just be hearing breakthrough, which probably points to something like a broken balance pot...

Hope that helps Andrew

Reply to
Terry Bull

No, it's definitely the receiver; I tried switching the channels and also an external power amp running off the receiver's preamp outputs.

Steve

Reply to
Steve