Hard Start Kit for GE Refrigerator

I am trying to install a hard start kit on a GE refrigerator. I bought the Supco "3-in-1" RC 0410 ($24) and I have some questions...

The 3-in-1 has three wires (white, black and red) that connect to the compressor. No problem there. The question I have is how to hook up the 2 black "power wires", as my fridge has a square area from which 6 wires come off. Also 2 wires are cracked so I assume I will have to replace them.

Here is the link to the diagram I drew:

Here is my problem:

From the plug, there is a green ground, then a big square part. From

the plug side of the square comes a black wire that goes to the cap. (A white wire goes from the cap to what I think is the realy (see below)). From the fridge side of the square there is 5 wires. A brown, black and orange that go foward past the coils toward the front of the fridge. There is also a orange wire that goes to the guardette and a black wire that goes to what I think is the relay. (What I think

is the relay has a copper coil on it and a red sticker and has 3 clips

that attach to the compressor). (After the guardette there is an orange wire that goes to the fan and then a grey wire that comes off the fan.)

How do I hook up the 2 wires from the SUPCO 3-in-1 to the power cord?

Also, the orange wire between the square part and the guardette is dried out and cracked. Also, the black wire between the square part and what I think is the relay is also cracked.

So, I need to know how to hook up the hard start and also how to replace the broken wires. (Do I need to replace the square part on the

cord that all the wires splice out of?

I appreciate any help you all can supply.

Dennis

Reply to
denniss11422