Halicrafters S-40B

Does any one know where I could obtain a copy of a manual and/or schematic for my S40B. It did work at one time but now it won't. There seems to be voltage on the antenna terminal and I don't think that is a good sign.

Reply to
James F. Mayer

FreeBees see BAMA at

And maybe Nostalgia Air Vintage Radio References

If not lots of manual vendors can supply them See URL:

-- CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

Reply to
Caveat Lector

I suggest you use the BAMA site, but if you have a problem, email me if you want me to email them to you. The schematic is in three sections.

There aren't any likely fault possibilities in the receiver that would cause a voltage on the antenna terminal. What type of voltage do you see, how much, and if it's DC what is the polarity?

Even if the capacitor (C33) on the grid of the RF Amp was shorted, you would measure nothing, because the slight voltage would be well grounded through the inductors.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

Reply to