hakko/metcal where buy?

hi

i am in the usa and need a Hakko solderstation and a desolder unit, prob some smt tweeezers too

was thinking about hakko guessing it'd be cheeper than the metcals' with my budget

anyway, so anyone know of a place w/good prices on the hakko

a good referb/used place is ok too

thanks

Reply to
ml

Google "hakko soldering" (178,000 hits).

Reply to
John - KD5YI

that really wouldn't help me find a known good place, nor a place that offers 'cheep/good' pricing,

even assuming all 'hits' were the sum total of all the 'good' places

that's why i posted, i was looking for some shared experience, otherwise i do in fact know how to use 'goodle' etc

thanks so much for your help

Reply to
ml

Why didn't you say you wanted to share experience? You go first.

You're welcome.

Reply to
John - KD5YI

East Coast Transistor.

call them. They do not have everything they handle in their online catalog, and they do sell Hakko.

Reply to
ampdoc

Surprisingly, I found some good Hakko soldering equipment on sale at Fry's Electronics here in Arlington, TX last week.

Reply to
Matt J. McCullar

"Matt J. McCullar" wrote in news:5Vjtg.64501$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net:

Just checked Fry's Outpost and found four pages of Hakko!

Jim Land