H/V lines on LCD monitor

Hi,

I picked up a 15" Proview pro588 LCD PC monitor cheap; has flaws of course. It has a few horizontal and vertical lines running straight across the screen (entire row of pixels are non-functional) but other than that, it displays input from a computer fine.

What would cause this? Someone told the LCD screen itself could be making poor contact with the circuit board; is this true? TIA

Reply to
forkliftcontrols

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 11:40:46 -0700, forkliftcontrols Has Frothed:

Saw that on one that was dropped. I would assume that it's an issue where the ribbon(s) are attatched to the LCD substrate.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

Possibly a faulty zebra connector? Could be a SOB to fix.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

I have never seen one of those on an LCD monitor. Most likely this is a failure of one of the bonded driver chips on the panel. Not repairable.

Reply to
JW