Grundig Satellite Fault

I have a grundig GDS200 Digital Satellite Receiver that has a " no signal fault ". Anyone know the problem. ta, Les

Reply to
www.1pc1.co.uk

signal

Yes, there is no signal!

Reply to
Just Another Theremin Fan

Schools Out.

Reply to
www.1pc1.co.uk

You WERE asking for that one. What happens when you trace through the input stages with an RF oscillator?

NSM

Don't have an oscillator, was hoping someone had come across a similar fault. I know the PSU's can cause problems in these models, just wondered if they caused this fault. ta, Les

Reply to
www.1pc1.co.uk

signal

bad electrolytics. I had a similar problem with a grundig sky digi receiver, they get quite hot in operation and especially if people cram them in a stack of AV amps, videos and dvd players in some airless cabinet! opened this unit up and saw about 4 or 5 swelled up caps. cant recall much more sorry, that was ages ago.... Ben

A quick google reveals this...

that parrot chap

You have to find out and trace the signal.Buy a cheap sat finder and connect it to the Sat cable socket in the digibox. Is there a signal? no? go to the dish and try the same at the LNB socket,Signal?then you have a shorted cable. Try another Digibox [Borrow] and see if it works with your setup. If it does your digibox is shagged and just for the record,I bought a brand new one from Ebay last week for fifty pounds! Got Sky to authorise the card and it's a steal.

Reply to
Seafarer

if

You can knock together a 2 transistor squawker that's help but you'll need a manual really unless you're experienced. Check the voltages on the transistors for sure.

NSM

How do I knock together a 2 transistor squawker. Thanks, Les

Reply to
www.1pc1.co.uk

Get a Hammer.

Reply to