generic monitor

Hi All

I have a generic 37cm monitor, it came to me dead, I replaced the line transistor, now theres a high pitched squeal from the flyback, and the picture is chisel shaped (trapsoid), I am wondering if the flyback or tube is not faulty as well.

Thanks

Trekkie 1

Reply to
Lawson Lutchman

Lawson Lutchman: It's probably NOT the CRT..... Ring test the flyback to confirm that it is OK. Test the hv caps in the h deflection circuitry. I was looking through my schematics and I can't find the "generic 37cm" brand listed.! ! You really need to take another second or two while you are posting for repair advice to include the ALL IMPORTANT make and model numbers.

-- Best Regards, Daniel Sofie Electronics Supply & Repair

sofie