General Radio 1604-B ?

Had one follow me home from the local hamfest. It's a Comparison Bridge with a 2" scope from the mid 50s. Neat looking box. Anyone got any info, manual or what its primary application was/is? pic posted to

Thanks Hank wd5jfr

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

For googling, the words Genrad or Quadtech maybe useful but probably later useage than yours

N_Cook

Michael

Reply to
msg

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in news:7Hjvl.14832 $ snipped-for-privacy@flpi146.ffdc.sbc.com:

I used somewhat similar bridges in the 60's and 70's to measure capacitance.

In brief you have device for measuring capacitors and inductors.

You put a known device on the left, an unknown device on the right and adjust for minimum signal on the scope. The bridge is 'balanced' when you do this. You combine the known value and the setting made to balance the bridge and you now know the value of the unknown.

See

bz    	73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.

bz+ser@ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu   remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap