GE Washing Machine Transmission Seal

I hope this is the right forum section. Let me know if not.

I have an 11-year-old GE washer. WWA8829RBLWW (in case you were wondering!). I have had the transmission replaced once under warranty. Now it appears that it may need to be replaced again. Oil leaking out from under machine. I was wondering if I need to replace the entire tranny, or, can I just do the seals?

Thanks.

--
xmellman
Reply to

Call up a local appliance shop and see if they have the seal. You could also look online, I get my parts from

they have a pretty good search tool.

Before you buy parts though, make sure you track down just where the leak is coming from, you might be able to just tighten something up or push the seal back into place.

Reply to
James Sweet

This site has a lot of info...

borgunit2003

I've noticed on some of the late model GE's that they use a pretty cheap seal and it can go out quite regularly.

Try looking for a schematic over at GE's website and see what type of seal it has. The older models used a seal very similar to an automotive engine seal. the later a flat washer type seal made of organic material. (Cork with some sort of rubber.) If you've got the cheap seal it would be wise to stock up as they tend to leak after just a couple of years on average.

Reply to
none