GE Microwave part needed

I've narrowed down an IC on my Smart board that I can't seem to locate, it's marked TMS 2670 on the board itself, and it's a Texas Instruments, and has these markings on it:

SS1450 M95151 MSHL 736

OR, I'm trying to locate the whole board, part number, on the GE site, it's: SMART BOARD & DISPLAY 1655 WB27X5389

But at $149 plus shipping, that's a little too much.

Reply to
Toddy

Is it the biggest (most pins) chip on the board? If so, it's probably the microcontroller, and your only source for it is probably going to be a similar board from an oven that was scrapped for some other reason. It's likely to be something like an 8051, but with a custom program in the ROM for that model of oven. Why do you think this chip is bad?

You might call a couple of local appliance parts distributors with the WB27X5389 number and see if they can do any better. You probably can't get it for $99, but you might get it for $139 and possibly avoid paying the shipping.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Well, all transistors and diodes check out, I swapped the three big caps, no difference, and it appears to be getting the correct voltage to the chip.

Reply to
Toddy

You might be able to order a "blank" TMS 2670 from a TI distributor, but you'd need some way to read the ROM out of the one on the board now and program the "blank" one. You won't be able to order a pre-programmed chip from anyone. A traceroute to your IP craps out in the Kansas City area; if that's where you are, call Marcone in Overland Park at 800-

482-6022 with the WB27X5389 number and see what they can do for you. Otherwise, scan garage scales and thrift stores for an oven with the same smartboard, and swap it out.

Standard disclaimers apply; I don't get money from Marcone.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds