GE Microwave JVM1540DM3WW Everything but Heat

nope, and they're expensive on ebay.

I don't want one, but it would be fun to play with for about 10 minutes I'm sure.

frozen potpies have paper bowls now instead of foil that will brown stuff, sort of like whatever the stuff is inside a bag of microwave popcorn.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

It's a ferrite, and called a "susceptor".

William Sommerwerck

**Pedant.

I will say once more:

I did NOT say "mains cap", despite your mis-reading of my words.

You can back-track all you wish. The meaning of my words is clear enough to any sane person.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au
Reply to

I may have to spend the dollar on a potpie to take a look at the bowl. I don't recall them looking or feeling all that special, but it was fascinating that they did work.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

They're best-known for their inclusion with Hot Pockets, but I find they don't work that well -- probably because the sleeve surrounds the Pocket too closely to allow moisture to easily escape. I generally start Hot Pockets bare in the microwave, then crisp them in the toaster oven.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

The only thing I missed was the absent "s" on mains - as you called it a filter cap, the interpretation was automatic.

Reply to
Ian Field