Gas dryer coil question.

I'm repairing a Hotpoint gas dryer, model number, NBXR463GB0WW. The flame detector switch is bad. This dryer might have been previously been worked on and I want to make sure that the booster/hold coil is installed properly. Are the three terminal pins supposed to be facing up or down? Or, if you can tell me which coil has the higher resistance, I can figure it out that way.

Thanks for your reply.

-- David Farber David Farber's Service Center L.A., CA

Reply to
farberbear

I should have checked this out first before posting. The terminals will only fit into the plug one way. Also, there is a notch in the solenoid that lines up with the retaining plate so you know which way is up.