Gameboy advance SP charging problem

Hello, All!

I've been asked to fix this gameboy advance although it's a bit out of my field, The symptoms are although the thing works OK, the battery isn't charging. I've checked the external PSU, and thats OK. There is no power getting to the battery contacts from the PSU. On the circuit board there is a component near the power input around 2.5 mm x 2mm marked "EM8" which has four pins and looks on close inspection with a magnifier to have windings like a choke . Anyway EM8 is OC across two of the pins. I would apreciate it if anyone with experience of these things could ID the component and it's purpose. Any help and advice here would be appreciated. Many thanks,

With best regards, Rubbishrat. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Rubbishrat