Motorola V3 phone charging

There are several questions I'd like to ask. I own a Motorola V3 phone. I h ave two 120V chargers and two 12V automotive chargers. For quite some time now I've noticed that neither 120V charger will charge the battery. So I ha ve been charging the battery from either the bench power supply or the ciga rette lighter in my truck using the 12 volt adapter. It's a minor inconveni ence but I'm living with it.

I recently got a new battery because the existing one wasn't staying up for more than about a day or so, and I've noticed that I can now get 2 or 3 da ys out of it before the phone indicates that the battery is going weak. So although that's a noticeable improvement the 120V chargers still will not c harge this new battery either. I find it strange that both of these charger s seem to have failed at the same time, and therefore suspect that perhaps something in the phone is causing this.

Recently I plugged the phone with the new battery into the truck and let it charge overnight. That night it was very cold, probably in the single numb ers. The next morning the battery was pretty much dead, In fact it was in w orse condition than when I first connected it to the truck. I brought the p hone into the house and charged it using one of the 12 volt chargers and it charged up fine and once again stays up for 2 or 3 days. Are these cells b eing monitored for temperature as they charge and did the cold evening disr upt that?

Also, does anyone have a clue as to why I cannot use my 120 volt chargers, (other than they are both defective), but I seriously doubt that. Thanks, L enny

Reply to
captainvideo462009