FS: Impedance Bridge

I have here a military surplus ZM-11/U impedance bridge. During the Vietnam era, there were two bridges available from military supply; one was more convenient while the other was more flexible. This is the convenient one.

The good parts: accurate measurement of capacitance (with capacitor charged or discharged), inductance, and extremely accurate impedance measurements using a magic eye tube for the null. There is an internal 20KC oscillator and the magic eye tube, so there are is no external equipment required.

The bad parts: there is no connection for an external oscillator so you can make measurements only at DC or 20 KC. As an aid to winding coils, testing speakers and crossover inductors for shorted turns, or doing the same for motors and servos, that's fine. If you're looking to do sweep tests on RLC filter networks, this is not the device for you.

This unit is in good shape, but the cover is missing and someone at a repair depot butchered the power cord strain relief. I'll throw in a spare cord if you want (but it'll just be an IEC cord with the end cut off).

First $120 takes it. I used this box for years and it was always reliable and convenient. The magic eye tube on the thing alone is probably worth a bloody fortune but I will NOT sell it to someone who is going to chop it up so don't even ask. Full documentation (the military TM) included. I am only selling it because I bought a network analyzer from Tek a few years ago and I'm having to clean the garage up a bit due to a move.

--scott

--
"C'est un Nagra.  C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."
Reply to

snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote in news:e89lqj$ac0$1 @panix2.panix.com:

Made me look. My server has no such newsgroup.

Reply to
Carey Carlan

Should have been rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors. Oops.

--scott

--
"C'est un Nagra.  C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."
Reply to
Scott Dorsey

snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote in news:e89n1h$9da$1 @panix2.panix.com:

Now I see how your garage got full. Some fun old toys there.

Reply to
Carey Carlan