Free dual trace oscilloscope

I am in the process of moving & need to get rid of an oscilloscope. It's a 10 mhz Heathkit dual trace from the late 70's. I know, not worth much in $$$ (looked at selling it on ebay, where similar units go for about $20, it's not worth the time/trouble to pack properly for that money). Works great, even has a new CRT. No probes. If anyone wants to pick it up (Columbus, Ohio area) you can have it, otherwise it's going out in the trash next Thursday. Much as I hate to do that...

David

Reply to
tzygkptr

Well, how nice of you. I'd pick it up myself, if I was closer. I am now stuck with a digital scope and don't much like it for some uses. Analog scopes are going the route of dinosaurs.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Try posting on craigslist.org if there's a local section for you. I'd certainly come save it from the trash but it's on the other side of the country.

Reply to
James Sweet

"Try posting on craigslist"

There is one here, great resource, I've used it to sell 2 cars in the last month. I'm afraid an oscilloscope might be a bit esoteric though...

Reply to
tzygkptr

You sure you don't want to ship it? I'm in NJ and would pay shipping. You could probably ship it for under $20 if you have the time to bubblewrap it, box it, and stop by the post office. I'd like to pay the shipping if you'll do that...Pleeeeease!

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

"You sure you don't want to ship it?"

Movers are coming the 27th, I'm so busy packing/tossing I just don't have time to deal with this, even for the 20 bucks or so I could probably get for it on ebay. Scrounging up packing material etc. and packing something like this can be more costly/time consuming than it may seem. Sorry. I really need someone who would be willing to pick the scope up.

David

Reply to
tzygkptr

David, I was wondering what part of Columbus you are in? I am located in Dayton and I was wondering if the scope is solid state? I am thinking it is because of that time period. Thanks, Rob

Reply to
Rob

Depends on location, I've seen quite a few bits of test equipment on the one for my area, missed a few deals too so I know people are looking.

Reply to
James Sweet