fluorescent fixtures

I bought a 4 foot fluorescent for my shop which plugs into a wall recepticle, however it is not enough light. Can I wire two of the same fixtures together and then plug them into the one wall recepticle? Patt

Reply to
Patt

Buy a multi outlet adaptor at the dollar store and plug two in. No, you can't wire two together unless you follow the Code and it's too much work.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Good advice.

Don't screw with 'code'.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Neat way would be to change it for a twin tube type?

In general, single tube types just give general illumination. For workbenches, etc, use twin tube types.

--
*My dog can lick anyone

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

This is a good answer, Load it up to 15 amps, but check your local codes to.

Reply to
davidlaska

I bet this is one of those $15 packaged units with a solid state ballast. Given that the question was asked the answer I gave is safest.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Or worse, the ultra-cheap magnetic ballasts that run 40W lamps at a bit under 25W, go figure they're dim.

Reply to
James Sweet