Fluke 8060a Switch Problem

I'm looking for help with my 8060a. I have 2 problems.

  1. After power-on I get a "- OV". Normally an "OV" means that you are out of range...I never see a "-" sign there. I cannot make any measurements.

  1. I performed the Switch Test and compared it with the values in the manual. It looks like switch sw6 (200mA) and sw5 (20mA) are not working correctly ... I get a zero value instead of the values in the manual.

Any ideas on issue 1? Are the switches replaceable and would you recommend doing that or any suggestions for repair. I cleaned all contacts with isopropyl alcohol. And blew out dust with a can of air.

thanks,

Joe

Reply to
mysonsdad

On one of my 8060s, the MAC (measurement acquistion chip) had come unseated from its socket. Unfortunately, the voltages on the pins still connected zapped the chip. Last Dec 31 was the last order day for 8060 parts (I called on the 29th) but there were no more available. I bought a partly trashed 8060 on ebay which had a good MAC. Only way now to fix an 8060 is with a 'donor'. Sorry for the bad news.

Glenn Gundlach

Reply to
stratus46

Hey thanks... better to find out this way than spend time digging for nothing. I see some on ebay for a good price. I really like this DMM.

Joe

Reply to
mysonsdad