Fluke 8000A problem: saturation at 1V

Hello !

I got a couple of old Fluke 8000A DMM's and they are fine except for a common fault they share: in the 2V range, they display correctly up to approx 0.8V, above that the output becomes nonlinear and saturates at approx 1V for 2V input. Funny thing is that all other ranges (0.2V, 20V...) work fine.

I assume some protection device (diode?) has gotten bad - does anybody have an idea how to repair this ?

Thanks for info !

-BK

Reply to
bkachler

This is all supposition, but I'm not stupid.

The 2 volt range on some Flukes is the same range as the 2K/diode range. This is shared with no other range. Perhaps this can be a hint. Also, when in 2K/diode mode does it read oveload, or something else ? These matters are primal to resolving this.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly