Fixing a cellphone headset

I want to repair a cellphone headset that stopped working. Seems there was a short near the jack (i.e. the signal clips in and out if I wiggle the wire where it meets the jack). Does anyone know the wiring diagrams for these types of headsets (it's a JABRA Ear Boom if that helps)?

The jack itself is 2.5mm and the headset has a speaker, mic, and a function button. I stripped down the outer insulation and used an ohmmeter to try and trace the wiring. There's a green metallic wire, a red metallic wire (wound around what appears to be a piece of string), and a green insulated wire. Inside that wire is another green insulated wire (goes to the tip) surrounded by a copper sheath (that goes to the sleeve). I can't find anything wired to the ring. Any thoughts on where I start?

Thanks

Reply to
davebrennan1975