override timer in bathroom fan

Hi there

I have a bathroom fan which turns on whenever the lights turned on. After the lights is off again it continues for 2-32 minutes (can be adjusted on a small potmeter). It also turns on if the humidity is too high. Can I modify it so it would only turn on if the humidity is too high? Its pretty annoying having this noisy thing going on if I just want to check something in the mirror or brush my teeth.

It has a three wire connection labelled L, N and switch. (oh yeah - i'm in Denmark with 230 V). Can I just unplug the switch connector or would I have to override the potmeter on the fans circuit board?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Nigo

Hard to tell without seeing what you have.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

Agreed. To the OP: The control unit probably has a sensor each for light and humidity. Can you see a window that may be housing a light sensor? If you can, try covering it with an opaque material so that the unit will not detect changes in ambient light. Let us know if that works or not.

Reply to
pimpom

I don't think it has a light sensor. The circuitboard is completely enclosed and it doesn't go on by it self in daylight (unless the humidity is high). I'll try to get a picture of the circuit (and figure a way to publish it somewhere). With the fans 3 wires I believe the turn on mechanism is connected to the light switch it self and not just light. Sorry if I was not clear on that. Anyone knows how this 3 wire Live, Swithc, Neutral actually works? Or how the timer control can be overruled?

Reply to
Nigo