Fisher (Sanyo) part needed

Hello all,

I've got an old Fisher FM-600 tuner here with a bad power switch. I found that the part number is 131-0-1001-54602, but no longer available. It is a push button DPDT switch similar to many used for tape monitor buttons, mounted with 2 screws to the front panel. (gray body, tan PC board like top glued on with red goo, latching mechanism that is impossible to get back together) It solders to a small PC board. This switch was probably used in many Sanyo/Fisher products.

This unit belongs in a 'rack system' and gets its power from a secondary winding in the amp, so the switch only sees around 18VAC. If you've got one on hand that you are willing to part with, please send me an e-mail. I'd even use a pulled one from a dead unit to make the customer happy.

Thanks, Tim Schwartz Bristol Electronics

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

Sadly, in a lot of cases anymore, that is what you have to settle with. Most know those items were built well, so they tend to want to keep them as opposed to this new throw away garbage. But they don't understand or perhaps don't want to hear, parts may not be available anymore. This sort of goes hand in hand with a thread - perhaps here or on similar groups of "What's in your parts box?". Talks of people saving all sorts of parts from scrapped units. Never know what you may need some day.

L.

Reply to
L.

If you could send me a picture I maybe able to help snipped-for-privacy@graphtronics.net

Also check

Doug

Doug,

Thanks for your offer. My digital camera is out on loan until the weekend, and then I'll e-mail you a photo.

Many thanks!, Tim

Doug wrote:

Reply to
Tim Schwartz