Filter coffee maker - heater element.

Is there any standardisation on the heater elements on filter coffee makers?

Of the 2 I took to bits, both had almost identical horseshoe shaped elements clamped underside the hot plate with the water tube welded on below that.

On reflection - I have a couple of paper filter types that have no drip valve, so I'd have to wait for it to finish perculating before I can take the jug out to pour coffee, I might have been able to nick the element out one of those to fix my old favourite with nylon filter & drip valve.

Reply to
Ian Field