Fiber insulated staples dangerous to use on home lighting cords?

Hi,

I've used 1/8 " "Fiber Insulated Staples," to secure a single string of

120v 30 LED-lights. Location is in our kitchen, on top of the cupboards. The staples are not tight against the wires, just hammered in enough to hold the cords in place. The lights are of course very low heat.

But, the package of staples states, "Use only with bell, telephone, thermostat, speaker, and other low voltage wiring." Also, "Not for use on

110 volt or higher wiring." Our electric service is 110/120 volt.

Question: is it dangerous to operate the lights with these staples holding them in place, aside from what local codes may state? Lights were unplugged while I installed the staples. :-) I can't see the danger.

I do plan to check our codes, BTW.

Thanks, Dugie

Reply to
Dugie

No, you'll be fine. The codes refer to permanent installations, in other words, don't use them to staple Romex or other wiring that's part of the house. So long as the wiring in the light string is not damaged in installing it there will be no problems and shouldn't be any code issues either since it's technically a "temporary" light string and is not hardwired into the house.

Reply to
James Sweet

cupboards.

on

holding

the

Thanks! I can't find the codes for my Nova Scotia, Canada area, guess I'd have to buy a book. I'll call an electrician to double check. Wanted to ensure there is no mysterious danger.

Dugie

Reply to
Dugie

theres always adhesives and sticky Velcro

do you anticipate a surprise visit from the inspector for any other reason??

Reply to
HapticZ