Favorite electron tube circuit?

I was looking through an old copy of Seely's book. My favorite tube (on the basis of clever design) was the Phantastron. Really slick.

Reply to
root

Is this what you want?

John Keiser

would love to find a pdf of the 2nd ed. Thanks John

Reply to
jjhudak4

One washer had a brush where it ran the water through into the wash tub. It seemed to work well.

Reply to
Ron D.

Brilliant use of a tube designed for a different purpose. They were used as the ramp generator for horizontal sweep in oscilloscopes. Likely used in radars as well.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Yes it was. For a fascinating and informative reading of foundational radar technology, one might want to look at the books that came out of the MIT Rad Lab. PDFs can be found here:

Being a long time student of control theory, I looked at vol 25, Theory of Servomechanisms. The treatment of the theory is clear and complete and I was astounded to realize that my first control theory text book (affectionately paraphrased to "Dazzled and Hopeless" - I cant remember the actually spelling of the authors last names), contained almost a verbatim copy of the servomechanism volume. ahhh, the good times...

John

Reply to
jjhudak4