FA: Sony PVM-1271Q PAL-NTSC Dead

This one suddenly quit quietly without any fuss or smoke. I am guessing that the horizontal deflection circuit failed by something opening rather than shorting. The tube had no burns that I could see and was working fine beforehand. Unit has (had?) NTSC, PAL, SECAM etc. plus underscan. I am guessing that the tube and most of it is still fine but who knows?

This could be a great chance for someone who knows what they are doing to get it for 99 cents, fix it, and sell for a huge profit. Or maybe not. Or may be good for parts (picture tube?) Item is located in Spokane Valley WA.

Alternatively, does anyone know exactly which part to suspect? I do not have a schematic and do not claim to be a TV repairman. It does not sound like there is any HV crackle when turned on.

Reply to
Clive Tobin