Ever get shocked?

The only time I got shocked working on monitors or tvs was picking up crts that had been replaced off the floor for two or three days and putting the anode connection on my stomach. It wasn't real bad, like a big static spark, but it wakes me up. I saw another guy do the same thing, so I don't feel too bad. The worst I got, so far, was off the case of a TO3 transistor. It was a shiny metal thing and I thought it would be ground potential and put my hand on it. Later I looked in the manual and it had 435 vdc on it. That hurts. I'm a lot more careful now. Scott

Reply to
Scott Lane

Mike Berger

Scott: The "collector" terminal is almost NEVER at ground potential..... that is why most T03 mountings include an insulating washer. I never trust exposed metal heat sinks to be at ground potential either.... most are, but there are exciting exceptions. Live and learn.... just don't die first. electricitym

Scott Lane wrote: The worst I got, so far, was off the case of a TO3 transistor. It was a

Reply to
electricitym

How long before we see you in the Darwin awards?!

Reply to
I.F.