Electonic endless loop 'tape'

that will play some different Irish and Scotland songs/music I want to put on there and keep on playing over and over.Where can I buy something like that? I have my reasons. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 20:53:22 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net put finger to keyboard and composed:

What about an MP3 player or CD player programmed to repeat a playlist?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

You'll need a very special machine for this due to the unique audio spectrum this music uses.

--
*Organized Crime Is Alive And Well; It\'s Called Auto Insurance. *

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Does it have to be 'electronic' ? Virtually any old boot sale conventional tape deck from a few years ago, has an 'auto-reverse' facility that is usually settable for either forward and back once, or round and round for ever.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

You can purchase an endless-loop tape cassette...

But they're not very long. The problem is overcoming friction.

Besides, you said you wanted an "electonic" [sic] "tape". You should be able to set up most jukeboxes to repeat a selection or group of selections.

PS: When I Googled for "endless loop tape", the OP's posting appeared near the top of the list! Google's Web crawlers seem to work very fast...

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

8 track recorder and players do exist but very old these days and the materials used inside the cassettes are not reliable over this span of time, but those bits could be replaced.

N Cook

MiniDisc players fetch little these days and would be ideal for this task. Just make sure the particular model has this facility.

--
*The older you get, the better you realize you were.

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

How long a play interval? What quality sound? Stereo or mono?

Reply to
PeterD

Not true, for that music, telephone quality should do just fine.

Reply to
PeterD

Och. ;-)

There's actually a modicum of truth in my 'joke'. The various harmonics generated by bagpipes are rather unique - and some data reduction systems don't cope well with them. So if you can stand it - quite a good test.

--
*If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends? *

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

One might say the same about Ms. B, herself.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

You have just described an MP3 player.

Do they involve dogs or small children?

Jonesy

Reply to
Allodoxaphobia

All he needs is an old 8-track tape recorder, and some new blank tapes.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Wasn't there a Monty Python sketch that referred to the reason for using bagpipes as a weapon as "an instrument that would really piss people off"?

We had a skunk problem under the house and had tried all sorts of repellents; the only effective remedy was to operate an AM radio there tuned to a talk station that played Rush Limbaugh 10 out of 24 hours (seriously, it worked).

Michael

Reply to
msg

bagpipes

the

that

The skunk was outgunned by an expert gasbag?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

In the UK they were extremely rare. Car players were more common. But MiniDiscs are around and few want them these days so they are very cheap. And a far more satisfactory answer. The 8 track was an abortion of a device - even although I do have a working one.

--
*If at first you don\'t succeed, then skydiving definitely isn\'t for you *

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I found several over the years for under a dollar.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
The first sign of insanity is denying that you\'re crazy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I have an old 8 track player.Bill Lear invented the 8 track. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Sorta. Bill Lear initially designed a continuous loop *wire* recorder/player. Mad Man Muntz morphed the radio station Fidelipac cartridge player into a consumer product. Bill Lear came back later, became a distributor for Muntz, and sold it to Ford, Motorola, and RCA.

"The History of the 8-Track Tape" (6 pages).

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

I remember seeing a 4 track mono cart player where the tracks were selected manually which was said to have come from a Lear jet.

Indeed - it's obvious by the dimensions of the cart that it was based on the pro device.

--
*Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental