Eclipse AVN-2454 Freezes when playing MP3 disc

I have a Eclipse AVN-2454 Dual disc (1 cd, 1 dvd) that recently started to pause (or freeze), when playing a mp3 disc in the cd slot. By pause (or freeze) I mean the sound 'mutes', and I am using rca outputs. I can switch over to FM radio and it works fine. It seems to do it more frequently when it has been baking in the sun, and then less frequently when the a/c starts to cool down the inside of the vehicle. But yet it can be a cool morning ~70 degF, so the inside of the vehicle is ~70 degF, and with the a/c on my whole drive to work it starts doing it about 20 mins into my drive. I did notice that when it pauses (or freezes) the track time also stops. When playing a normal cd it works fine and doesn't mess up. Is this a laser issue? Any recommendations on fixing the problem? Thanks for any help

Reply to
Todd