Distorted oscilloscope trace

The packaging was a repurposed LCD panel box, obviously too small for the oscilloscope, with the device tucked in a corner and various packing material to hold it in place.

The transaction took place in France, I'm not sure federal law applies here ;P

v.

Reply to
vic

This is a very wise decision, imho. I think, that on-line purchase of fragile goods and delivery by mail always carries a considerable risk of receiving the article damaged - be it, because the sender broke it before or while packaging, because he packed it not well enough, because the delivery service threw it around, because a heavy other parcel was thrown onto it, or because the buyer dropped it himself while carrying it to his workbench, or because of something else.

In the end, the problem imho is, to prove to the judge without doubt, what really did happen.

The solution I prefer is, to buy such goods from sellers located near to my place, so I can drive over, eventually have it shown to work, and to bring it home myself. This way, I often meet nice people, too.

Regards, H.

Reply to
Heinz Schmitz

If you think that everything else of the scope is ok, then why not sit at the bank of the river and wait for a replacement crt to swim by?

Or even walk into the river and stir up one from the bench of some replacement guru? In such cases I find we are really blessed with the internet :-).

Regards, H.

Reply to
Heinz Schmitz

vic wrote in news:4a08c64a$0$5367$ snipped-for-privacy@news.free.fr:

TEK has released their copyright on obsolete products. So,the company provides a service,at a price.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Shoot an email or phone someone at

We have lots o' dead Tek scopes that are not worth repairing. Dunno what they'd charge for the tube, but $75 + shipping sounds reasonable to me. Tell them Jay sent you. Just do a bit of homework first and find out what other models share the same tube (So I don't have to do too much digging) and have the Tek part #. Make sure you put that info into your query.

Reply to
JW

Yep. Additionally, Dave's manuals are of very high quality. Many of them are text searchable unlike the free online versions. Very useful when the manual is 600 pages in length.

Reply to
JW

This makes me think there's dirt in the selector switch. Spray a little DeoxIT in there and run the switch back and forth several times.

Reply to
Smitty Two

Jim Yanik wrote in news:Xns9C09533438AA2jyanikkuanet@74.209.136.87:

I should have typed "obsolete product manuals". sorry.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

You may have some debris lodged inside the electron gun. Tap on the neck of the CRT and see if the trace changes. Maybe you can apply some rough handling of your own.

-- Boris

Reply to
Boris Mohar