Dismntling laptop - Toshiba satellite Pro 420 CDT

The power-on switch does not seem to work properly. When pressed &held down(as per manual), the led flashes but nothing else is powered, not even the momentary flashing of drive lights.

I cannot get the case opened to check inside (without seriously damaging the case). online search was not very productive and that may be my skills in searching. Agreed its an old one but it was working a few months back and I hate throwing out usable items.Besides its a learning experience :-)

Appreciate any hints in opening the case(besides the 5 lb sledge hammer).Thanks for your help.

hg.

-- to reply remove STOP from email addy

Reply to
harsha godavari