DIN loudspeaker socket

Hi,

I'm sure many have seen the old 2-pin DIN type speaker connector, which consists of one pin + one blade...

I have a DIN socket variant that consists of pin-blade-pin - in other words the speaker plug can also be inserted when reversed by 180 degrees. One orientation opens a contact to disable an external speaker, the other leaves it connected. This is a PCB-mount socket.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer of these, or know where I might be able to source a couple? (UK pref)

Thanks

Reply to
Another Nick

To be honest, I'm not sure that I can remember ever seeing these rare connectors offered as a regular 'for sale' item. They may have just been a manufacturer's special. They certainly weren't all that common, and I think I only remember seeing them on stuff like old Ferguson open reel tape decks and the like. Could you not just 'blank' the holes with a bit of ally sheet or pcb material or sheet plastic or something, and fit switched jacks instead ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Yes, and I probably will... just wanted to see if anyone in 'Netland might come up with a drop-in replacement in the meantime.

Thanks Nick

Reply to
Another Nick

think

decks

sheet

I have some NOS old style 2 pin din chassis sockets but no third terminal or switch. Require a 15mm hole and 18mm diameter lip prodrudes outside and inside retained by a circular spring clip

N Cook

I have two NOS of these 2 pin DINs with three terminals. Chrome surround too. They are designed for surface mounting, so not sure if they interchange directly with the more common plain plastic type that are often mounted from behind the panel, but looks like they can. Stored with metal bodied chrome plugs too. Think they came from RS Components many years ago, but are no longer in their plastic bags. I've also got a few the same but with only two contacts.

--
*Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill.

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)