Digital MultiMeter with a Voltage Beeper

Hi,

I am looking to buy a DMM that has a BEEPER when a voltage (AC or DC) occurs above a preset threshold.

Example: With this DMM hooked up to a circuit, if the voltage rises above 12VDC (example), the DMM will BEEP.

Does anyone know of such a DMM? Please include make and model number.

Thank You in advance, John

Reply to
jaugustine

I don't know of any such device that resembles the common DVM/DMM. However, the industrial control market is full of DPM (digital panel meters) and battery monitors that have alarm outputs. When the display voltage gets out of range, either too high, or too low, it closes a relay. Since your application isn't particularly critical and precision isn't important, something from China or surplus should suffice. Some examples: etc...

You might also consider building such a device using a "window comparator" or "window detector" circuit. etc...

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Hi, I should have mentioned that it is important to have a high impedance (virtually no loading effect). A DMM may have 10M ohms.

John

Reply to
jaugustine

I rather like the Mooshimeter - which will do a log of various measurements to your phone, computer, or its own internal memory card...

It is a great tool!

John :-#)#

                      John's Jukes Ltd.
          (604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

I was thinking my Tripplet/B&K might have a relay function. It's a bench multimeter. Would have to investigate.

Greg

Reply to
gregz