desolder capacitors from motherboard .....

I have deviced method to desolder a capacitor from motherboard much easily and without burning a single finger by using single hand ( 5 fingers) in about 10-20 seconds.

Reply to
fixpc

Well ya gonna tell us genius ?? Or are we supposed to plead for this breakthrough in an elementary task?

--
Regards ......... Rheilly Phoull
Reply to

I guess if ya have fewer than 5 fingers per hand yer SOL!

Reply to
Ray L. Volts

Hmmm, I've only got 4!!

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Reply to
stickyfox

I usually use Chipquik for the stubborn ones. Slowly lifting one lead (use a temp controlled iron though) then the other alternately seems to work as well.

-A

Reply to
testing_h

I use a vacuum desoldering iron. If it doesn't remove all of the solder, I refill the PTH with 60/40 solder. The solder used for wave solder is 80/20, which has a higher melting temperature. The two solders mix, lowering the required heat to melt all of the solder in the PTH.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida