Need service docs for Denon AVR-3300

Was given one of these puppies because it had developed a sort of buzzy-hissy noise all the time (not any 60 Hz component that I can hear; I don't think it's a simple power supply problem). The noise level is somewhat dependent on which input is selected (no sources connected), and varies a bit with rotation of the volume control (actually an encoder). With a CD player for a signal, the noise is still there but actually seems to decrease as the music level is increased.

I can only hear the CD when the Denon is set to DIRECT or STEREO. When I try to use the venue simulator, no sound comes out at all (except the hiss-buzz), but I'm not absolutely sure I know how to set that up. And I don't have the remote control.

No obvious burned or exploded components; no burned electric smell.

Anybody have access to service docs as a PDF? Even a block diagram would be a big help. Google wasn't able to find anything.

Isaac

Reply to
isw