DC Ammeter Sensitivity Increased?

No, their country doesn't -- not meaningfully. There may be lots of verbiage to that effect, but it's all hot air. I don't mean individual citizens (who aren't in a position to do anything significant), I mean your government and military.

And then get dumped on the sidewalk, with a "So long, sucker!"

Considering how your government and military tend to prefer that someone else look after vets with Gulf War Syndrome, I don't see why not. I support the individual troops, you see, not merely the idea of them, as the wingnuts do.

minded, yes.

Hail Eris! mhm 29x21; TM#5
Demon Lord of Confusion
COOSN-029-06-71069
Supreme High Overlord of rec.radio.*
Chuck Lysaght: Tarred & Feathered!
"It would be offly hard for any of you to abuse me on usenet. Really. I
have the advantage. I could easily turn alt.usenet.kooks into a cesspool
of encoded posts. Bringing the noise ratio up so high as to make the
group worthless. Anybody who can code could do this, why nobody has
bothered before now is beyond me. The ultimate spamming engine..
'BAWAHAHA'" -- Dustbin "Outer Filth" K00k's delusions of grandeur
reached new heights, in Message-ID:

"Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time." -- H.
L. Mencken

   "Consider that language a moment. 'Purposefully and materially
supported hostilities against the United States' is in the eye of the
beholder, and this administration has proven itself to be astonishingly
impatient with criticism of any kind. The broad powers given to Bush by
this legislation allow him to capture, indefinitely detain, and refuse a
hearing to any American citizen who speaks out against Iraq or any other
part of the so-called 'War on Terror.'

   "If you write a letter to the editor attacking Bush, you could be
deemed as purposefully and materially supporting hostilities against the
United States. If you organize or join a public demonstration against
Iraq, or against the administration, the same designation could befall
you. One dark-comedy aspect of the legislation is that senators or House
members who publicly disagree with Bush, criticize him, or organize
investigations into his dealings could be placed under the same
designation. In effect, Congress just gave Bush the power to lock them
up." -- William Rivers Pitt
Reply to
The God of Odd Statements

John Fields wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I don't think the point was about services performed, but about compensation for loss. If one soldier or marine gets luckier than another, they're more likely to do well for themselves later as it's a hell of a thing to put on the CV for those who value such things.

Is there an insurance against loss of limbs or other faculties in war? As far as I know there isn't, everyone from the government right down to the smallest private insurance companies expressly exclude such losses on the grounds that war is hell, basically.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Explain the "campaign contributions" from the oil companies then.

I know you are but what am I?

Odd. I have to have a four year old translate for me because you write so far below my level.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Not on this planet. What color is the sky on your world?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

--
That's not what I said.

The question was: "Who cares what happens to a bunch of worthless,
lowlife grunts who were lucky enough to visit the Middle East on the
taxpayer's dime?"

I think it's pretty clear that their families and friends will care
about what happens to them, don't you?

As far as the country is concerned, (or let's say the government,
instead) the care there will be financial.  A soldier who comes back
unhurt won't have to use the VA's medical facilities or cause the
government to spend anything else (with some exceptions) once the
soldier goes back to civilian life.

I agree with the taking personal responsibility part, BTW.
Unfortunately, not everyone is capable of taking responsibility for
themselves, and I suppose that's where cannon fodder comes from.
Reply to
John Fields

No, you(r leaders) run an Imperial Army/Navy/Air Force/etc., though they have yet to admit it, after more than a century of doing so.

[...]

True, but doesn't that go hand-in-hand with not forcing the few to conform to the limitations of the many?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

--
Excellent!  It's working!
Reply to

I just watched a show on Portugal. I saw outside a famous museum an obviously new and added ramp for wheelchairs. It made me happy to see that in Portugal they recognize basic fairness.

It's much harder to add these ramps than to trim Usenet posts but people in many countries do the first. What is the problem with the second?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Yes. I can sometimes follow your demented ramblings.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

--
Really?  Disengage, then.
Reply to

Nothing. See? I trimmed. If you require more trimming than that, you'll have to wait until I feel like it.

[...]

Homer The Homo! Understand that?

Reply to
Bart

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 02:03:10 +0000, Bart did most oddly state:

You mean you're a top-poasting gay-lamer? I suppose I can understand it...

[...]

The God of Odd Statements wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@statements.likeyours:

Are you really that concerned with usenet etiquette, P's and Q's and such? Pretty funny given the size of that sig...

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Look at some of the newsgroups you are replying to. alt.usenet.kooks is not a place to reply to. I deleted it from my reply.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Actually, I'm more concerned with oafish stupidity and k0oKy behaviour, such as that exhibited by "Bart". My .sig is appropriately-sized for Teh Empire, TYVM.

[...]

Heh... .sig envy ;)

--

COOSN-266-06-70683
SkepticultĀ®# 581-00504-208

HoT, 03/2005
BWMDW, 08/2005, Trainer of pSylvia pSullivan
PSHL&S, 08/2006, Teh SMM II Debacle
Reply to
Chadwick StoneĀ©

I've got to wonder how may blind people follow the electronics newsgroups; but anyway, most decent newsreaders can hide the quoted text fairly easily.

eg: if I type "T" slrn hides all but one line of the quotes.

still usenet posts are written once and read hundereds of times. greatest efficinecy is had when the messages are optimised for reading.

--

Bye.
   Jasen

--
What did you have in mind, specifically?
Reply to