cutting pcb

What do you use to cut a perforated circuit board? I need to cut a roundish piece from a bigger piece. Patt

Reply to
Patt

Nibble cutters work pretty well, or abrasive or carbide rotary bits. The latter make a nasty mess tho. I've used a bandsaw, but if the blade is dull it takes forever to cut through FR4, and it makes the edges all feathery.

Reply to
stickyfox

I've always used a Jeweller's Saw. It looks like a small Copping saw. Look in a Hobby store under Lapidary Supplies and Jewellery making. Buy a Dozen blades of a couple of pitches at a time. Remember to mount the blade to cut on the PULL not on Push as a western Carpenter Saw.

Yukio YANO

Reply to
Yukio YANO

Howdy Patt......I usually use a powered scroll saw (a hand coping saw does the same job) and finish up lightly sanding the edges (400 grit) if required. Making a cut-out of a pcb can be done the same way.

Gord

I use an xacto laser saw for the bulk of the cutting. Finishing inside corners with a jewlers saw like the one mentioned above. I coat the jewlers blade with bees wax to avoid binding. I then finish the edges with 320 sand paper.

Reply to
andro000

I use an xacto laser saw for the bulk of the cutting. Finishing inside corners with a jewlers saw like the one mentioned above. I coat the jewlers blade with bees wax to avoid binding. I then finish the edges with 320 sand paper.

Reply to
andro000

Hole saws for round pieces. Tin snips work well for straight cuts, or nearly straight. Saber saw with a narrow blade and large offset to the teeth. It's a little hard on the blade if you do fiberglass - but a paper cutter will make straight cuts.

Newsgroups
default