CTC187 remote control doesn't function/ breaks up picture

I have a 32 inch RCA with a CT187CH3 chassis. I got it 2nd hand so I don't know any of it's service history. Had no picture or sound got, Resoldered multiple spots on board and then got an hourglass shaped raster. Resoldered a diode CR4403 I think and got picture back. Picture looks great tunes and adjusts fine with manual buttons on front of set.

But when I use a working RCA remote on the set..doesn't matter if I hit

volume up/down or channel up/down I get the same result. Picture breaks up and sound cuts out..sometimes picture/screen blacks out..as soon as I let off the button picture returns on the same station and volume setting as before. I get the same result regardless what key on the remote I hit.

I think I may have caused a solder bridge somewhere...Anybody have an idea where? or any other ideas. Like what pins on an IC might control the remote? and be a problem? I did some soldering around the outside of the tuner grounds? could I have screwed something up there?

I tried to clear up some potential solder bridges with some solder wick...and the remote did work for about 5 minutes then went right back

to same behavior.

I am a novice so give me advice in detail.

Thanks

Spit

Reply to
Spit